Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

ouchers

Yesterday I had the most yuppy exchange of my life. It was pleasant and fulfilling.

Wife: Did you hear Trio is closing.
W.B.: Yes. It’s a shame. Along with French Laundry, Trio was really one of the first truly Contemporary restaurants.
Wife: It’s where Grant Achatz worked after leaving Trotters.
W.B.: We really should go to Alinea at some point soon, but I think it’s booked through February. Though I am a bit apprehensive that the taste menu veers toward whimsy.
Wife: That is a concern.

Luckily the conversation ended here because we had to go out and mingle for a while over highballs.

5 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

that's the boringest post ever

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger allan said...

adam, i could argue that point with you for hours, but it wouldn't get us anywhere. let's go to sleep instead.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I think it is hysterical. It should have been written into an episode of Arrested Development

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Foodie on a Diet said...

Your post is in a language entirely foreign to me.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

on the other hand, Uptown Pizza and BBQ is still alive and kicking, so Chicago's haute cuisine need not fear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home