Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

along on the "L" II

Boy, there are few things that rule quite as much as good public transportation. In fact, I'll think I'll ride the rails for a little bit after work today just for the hell of it. Good ol' reliable CTA. And to think - Chicago is the only city in the most powerful nation in all the world that has 24 hours public transportation service. It's good to be king.

Also, if I have to hear one more New Yorker talk about 'making due,' I'll puke. Last time I checked, one makes due when they have nothing left and don’t know where to turn. Example: We'll make due now that my home is at the bottom of an ocean. Translation: I have no idea what to do now, but, lord willing, I'll figure something out.

And now 'making due’ Mannhattan-style. Example: I don't know what to do without public transportation, but we New Yorkers know how to make due. Translation: Oh no! I have to split cab fare with three other people from my 3 million dollar brownstone neighborhood instead of taking the subway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home