Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Friday, December 09, 2005

THe latest DISH!

As an awesome philosopher, I have very refined tastes and social graces. For example, I often find myself at the center, the epicenter really, of exceedingly witty banter. I also use an old tyme razor and enjoy evening constitutions with my bosom chums around Washington Square – swinging our canes and kicking dust and mud onto filthy little urchins. So it comes as little surprise that people think I have it all - I mean a pearl handed penknife, a monocle, bosom chums. What’s not to love? But, unforuntately, my life isn’t all appletinis and Parliaments lit by beautiful twenty year old Puerto Ricans. My life rules - don’t get me wrong; but there’s still that one thing that bothers me. A thing so intangible I can almost touch it. A question.

THE question really - you know the one I’m all talking about. The one that goes: Is Authentic Bible Worship University of Midwestern Godland the greatest university ever? And if so, how can I prove it?

I mean, those of you privileged enough to have ever set foot on its well fertilized lawns or grasped its faux Corinthian columns don’t need convincing. (I mean, fuck, faux Corinthian columns! You’d need a heart of secular humanism or, even worse, cynicism not to be moved to tears by that kind of elegance, time honored craftsmanship and painted aluminum.) And when you add to that cutting edge intellects like Sxm Storms and Mxrk Txlbot AND a thoughtful and ambitious leadership, you’ve got a pretty convincing argument. So today I was not in the least surprised to find out that the latest “news” from the ol’ girl is "Looky! Looky! We're in the news because of a children’s movie!" This apparently is not only news, but impressive, good news.

Once again, holy fucking shit, what an institution.

15 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Well, who isnt impressed when they first see the wardrobe in all its glory? good thing they moved it from a leaky dusty upper library to a decent fancy building which I have never set foot in.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger allan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger allan said...

I think Sam Storms and Mark Talbot of Wheaton College in Illinois would be disappointed with your attitude, Andrew Garrett, class of 2004.

Sincerely,
Penis Q. Fletcher

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

i don't know whxt you xre txlking xbout.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

He put Dr. Talbot in there just to get my goat

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger allan said...

wheaton is nothing like a real college

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

I'm not bitter, I'm laughing. Also, Graham, I've been thinking about the muffin idea and I'll give up Vision insurance for complimentary coffee in the office kitchen.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

I just watched that Seinfeld episode last week

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

Let's hear a loud round of applause for Take 5 bars and spicy Cheetos!!! Precious food of the gods...

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

amen to that. I've relapsed as of late into some pretty heavy binge eating at work. hence that lack of blog productivity.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger allan said...

i ate 9 pieces of pizza last night

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Heather said...

allan, you are a gem.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

Millie and I went to Uno's last week to have a "remember chicago night"

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

I'm eating the pizza right now. oh baby.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger allan said...

hay guys, what's going on in this pizzeria?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home