TUesDay!
Life right now is pretty ordinary. It’s cold outside, and all I do is sit around building outmoded model airplanes, such as the F-4 Phantom. Sometimes I get up enough resolve to reheat a half full can of chicken soup or go get drunk at my drukening hole. But for the most part I sit at the kitchen table dabbing olive and forest green paint into their appropriate crevices.
I used to think there was more to life. That there was something out there that was bigger than me, like a lot bigger. That life was gift meant to be grabbed the horns and lived like there’s no tomorrow.
But lately I’ve been thinking that life is more like a peanut butter sandwich that has to be choked down with no milk, because the milk went bad because it was left out of the fridge the night before because you were making Mudslides with your mistress during a prostitute coke party when your wife came home and started breaking everything and saying that she was going to kill you and then kill Kimmie and Bambi and Roxi thus making milk spoilage the least of your concerns, kind of thing. I don’t know. Maybe my ambitions were just too high. My ideas too lofty. My front door not locked like I thought.
It’s like, you think you know where you're going and how much its going to cost, but when you get there you find out your wife had lied to you and locked you out in the snow with nothing but the clothes on your back and note that wasn’t from Bambi or Kimmie or Roxi.


6 Comments:
My boss from this summer, who is by all accounts a brilliant researcher, widely admired and respected, shared this advice with me. You're not going to go out and conquer the world, Allan. Obviously he's quite fond of me since he's employed me for two summers, and I quite fond of him. But he was the first person who I felt really understood my dreams of great discoveries and performing medical miracles who went ahead and said no, you probably won't achieve that. Most of the people in my family are quite pleased with my progress and don't expect anything miraculous for me. I'm sure the same could be said for you in your situation Andy; living in the big city with a beautiful wife, with a good job and plenty of good times. My boss Rob understood not only that I wanted more than just relaxing times (make it suntori time), but astounding successes, and furthermore understood what kind of successes I wanted and why I wanted them; he had the same ones. Yet he said they probably wouldn't happen. Anyway, the point of my story is: kill Heather, then yourself. Cheers.
I understand exactly what you mean, Allan. I grew up with ideas of doing great, astounding, things, and it can be hard to get my mind around the fact that I'm just going to be normall.
So dry, Allan. The light touch - that's you. I'm sure it means you'll make a good doctor person thing.
Since the trend here seems to be sympathizing with Andy in ironic ways, I will state simply that his last post is in poor taste, offer him only a slap in the face, tell him to get fucking started writing the great American novel and quit whining, and then bum him a cigarrett and buy him a drink to make sure we're still friends. Anyways, what wrong with model airplanes? At least you have something to show for your wasted hours. And it beats a hangover.
I still have hangovers.
Peter you have truly excellent taste. As one rich asshole put it, the most important thing in life is to be 'indispensable'. That's you in a nutshell.
New post please
Post a Comment
<< Home