Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Where's the party?

I took out the Razor scooter. I road through the winding roads of Stonewood and Grassy Knoll Plains gated community. I found myself downtown. The buildings inspired me. Sure they were built in 1980, when downtown was founded, but they built 'em to look old. I rode on into the forest preserve that keeps property value up. I went to lake and had a sit. I bummed a Marb Light off some snot nosed teenager who is complaining to a friend about her cellphone plan.

I road on. To my disappointment I came upon a huge parking lot four times the size of the strip-mall it accompanied. I raised my finger to flick off this nature destroying monster when I realized that the grocery store I go to is right there in Pine Oak Malls. I guess this is why people live in the city or the country because the suburbs create the illusion of both (and hurt both) without being true to either.

I saw a Stardust Coffee shop and stopped in for the only kind of coffee one can get within 20 miles of here. It’s nice though because it’s always consistent and they all have the same furniture. The coffee was made by some snot nosed high school student who doesn’t even know which town he’s in. Is this Stonewood?, English Manor?, Prarie Meadows?, all he knows for sure is that its at the intersection of Army Road and Cambridge Avenue.

I went outside. Am I in Stonewood anymore? All the German and Japanese cars are blue instead of black.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

Wait a second...trees are in the ground and in the air? Whoa, I did miss something....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home