Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The IceMan Cometh: An Introspective Look Back Over a Working Boy's Year in the World

Anything can happen in this life, especially nothing.- Michel Houellebecq


And so the working boy trudges on. He wakes in the morning and breaks for lunch every day at 2. He walks to his bench and falls asleep in the sun as tourist pass. He dreams.

He never dreams of college. That world is gone and its demise caused neither desire for its return nor excitement for things to come. The uncarved block remains. It never dreams of the future. Who knows why.?! But it does dream of blinding lights, bunnies, and occasionally boobs. What does all this mean? Only one thing....Introspection is for the birds.

Work is work, I do it, I’ve learned it is probably the easiest activity in which I am engaged. This makes it rather dangerous, since the complacency it creates runs the risk of becoming my dominate character trait. It hasn’t happened, yet. Will it? Well, if it does, I won’t care.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger allan said...

sorry about getting you blocked for sex, nudity, and elves. i hope you don't become complacent and follow your dream of becoming a farmer-cartoonist-bar owner in Kansas. remember, i'm gonna set up shop next door to sell comics and do botox for rich ladies. the day is mine trebek!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

I hate Kansas due to the chigger...but I do enjoy the occasional cartoon strip...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home