Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

the insurance man!

Today I leave work early to meet with the insurance man at the auto body shop. In anticipation I have selected an intimadating wardrobe: a powder blue sweater, pink shirt and Scottish wool tie and houndstooth trousers with a subtle blue and red windowpane pattern. When I role up to Elston Auto Body and Glass in my cherry red jetta with my green cashmere scarf and driving gloves, I will say without speaking a word, "Thusly has arrived one tough motherfucker."


Stay tuned...

8 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

some heavy-hitting irony in this one... What I don't understand is how you expect us to believe you've got houndstooth this or that or cashmere or seersucker or whatever when every time I see you you're still wearing the same shitty clothes from Twice is Nice that you've had since you were an eager-beaver dirt poor philosophy student.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, you were poor, weren't you! I forgot just how poor you were

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

Adam S. should remember that jacket as he is the one who lost it AND never offered to replace it. I needed that thing to stay warm, and pick up indie chicks, of which there were like 3 on campus. And they were all pentecostals. yikes!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

and then you married the one of them and lived happily ever after, the end.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

how dare you suggest I married a pentacostal!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

nothing wrong with that!

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, what a jacket that was! A guy could wear that jacket to Chai House and feel cool as Joe Camel. In all honesty, I truly have no idea how I lost it. I think the most likely explanation is that it was stolen by someone else who noticed its potential - probably another Chai House wannabe.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

unforgiven

 

Post a Comment

<< Home