And Girls in Miniskirts II !!
The horrible, horibble weather that has unjustly set upon Chicago this weekend has caused me lack of heartburn. In fact, last night, as I was sucking down a cigarette in the sub-zero weather, I began reassessing my life and where it is heading. As it stands I have a fulfilling and upwardly mobile career in the quintessential American city. I have two Hermes ties, a seersucker suit and a couple of sweater made from wool. Of course for you this would probably be all you could ever hope for in life (I mean let’s face it, you’re probably in graduate school and will graduate to nothing but a life of constant cluster fucks) but for me there must be more. Must be something, um, not cluster fuckable.
That said, I feel it is important for you to know I am now done with civilization. It’s all coddlewop anyway. The ridiculous taxes, government corruption, the refusal of metaphysics, the nanny staterism, it has become too much for my poetic and well-bred soul. Therefore, it’s only fair to tell you that I am leaving.
To this end, I’ve begun looking at homes to purchase in the south. While the south has it problems, like southerners, trout streams, non-chill Southern Baptists and carpetbaggers, it also has not totally horrible weather. And while not a southerner by birth, I feel I have both the drive and determination necessary to be the forested recluse every southern scene needs to give a town that authentic charm the no good Yankee tourists demands. I have begun my quest in the outskirts of town all across Tennessee and Arkansas. While part of me wishes to live in the great wonders that are Alabama or Mississippi, I find myself hopelessly terrified to seriously consider it. Also, Georgia is out of the question because of I knew some Georgians in college and they left me, well, underwhelmed. Louisiana is also a possibility so long as a I can be guaranteed not to receive bug bites while living there as I prefer not to be bitten by things.
But enough about the technical aspects of this great migration. Can’t you just see me? A totally good looking and dapperly dressed recluse sitting on his porch drinking mint julips with the mayor and sherriff while enjoying a rousing conversation about seersucker before engaging in a round of trout fishing or gun shooting? Oh baby. Also, thanks the feeble rural economy I can work only part time as some kind of gas station attendant or bank executive to cover my modest mortage and buy bread from the charming local peasant children.


7 Comments:
I will ignore most of your heinous portrayal of the South that suckled me, but you are right about one thing - the Southern Baptists you will find there are a far-cry from your style of Southern Baptism.
I think you should shoot your seersucker suit and hang it over your mantel. Only your hippest friends will appreciate the irony.
heinous portrayal of the south? i love those guys. barefoot children is sign of repose and luxury.
when I make the move everything seersucker. seersucker overalls, seersucker pajamas, seersucker pot holders, seersucker grease rag, oh baby.
I think moving to the South is a stupid idea. For one thing, you wouldn't be any good at trout fishing. Also, I don't believe you have a seersucker suit. And I don't think you could be bothered with making julips.
you certainly couldn't be any worse at trout fishing than friend wood, and probably much better than him at gun shooting.
And that from the O-O-O god of theism. quite high praise.
I've never known Being Itself or Id Quam Maius Cogitari Nequit to be much good at trout fishing, though he's pretty alright at bringing down millions of winged fowl, but Jesus seems to have had a knack for angling. I agree with Allen that you should purchase a firearm and blast it around in your apartment some. You can get drunk, step out on your porch and "shoot the skyline."
Post a Comment
<< Home