Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

slayin' by elf!

And so begins a journey into class. Last night I was in bed before 9:30 after, I shit you not, eating two peanut butter cookies with a glass of warm milk. Nor did I smoke any of my customary 7 cigarrettes or even look at the half full decanter of fine caramel Kentucky bitchmistress. It was like something out of fairytale written by a reformed arena rock star. Last night, I was that reformed arena rock star.

Associate: What are you doing?
Working Boy: I’m going to bed.
A: it’s not even 9:30.
W.B.: That may be but I have had quite enough excitement for one evening.
A: Excitement? You ate a Cobb salad.
W.B: Please don’t mention that. It will get me all riled up before slumber.
A: What the hell is wrong with you?
W.B: What do you mean?
A: You can’t still be hung over from getting drunk in the am on Monday.
W.B: Um, i don’t know what you’re talking about.
A: You are still hungover!
W.B: Please don’t yell, it’s bad for my digestion.
A: Here smell the whiskey.
W.B: Um, that’s okay, I’d rather just drink decafinated Lady Grey.
A: Smell it.
W.B: Oh good heavnes. how can you drink that vile stuff?
A: I knew it. You’re still hung over and passing it off as a turn towards class.
W.B: unfounded lies!
A: yeah, we’ll see come Wednesday night.
W.B: I’m done with that life. It brought me nothing but dilusions of grandeur and the occasional fight or ill-conceived gushing.
A: What are you going to do comes these next few weekends when all form of friend is around?
W.B: I’ll drink Squirt and judge them with my eyes.
A; the hell you will. All you’ve been talking about for the last two weeks is how drunk and irresponsible you’re going to be.
W.B: That’s not even the least bit true.

In other news, over the next few weeks people will be around and those not planning on being around should think about coming around. Except for the lame asses. You know who are you are.

6 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger allan said...

andy what are your plans this weekend

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

I have no plans beyond possibly entertaining Hawk, who, I think, will be in town. Come on down!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

also, adam will be in town in two weeks and the detholz will be having their halloween show, which is actually really great. lots of good stuff coming up.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

detholz are still rockin'? That's interesting. I'm not going to have too much time on this visit, Andy, so it's be good to schedule a night on which to get disgustingly inebriated. What night is detholz? I have to leave early in the morning from Midway on Sunday, so maybe I'll just crash at your place and take the subway there.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

take the subway there? where the fuck do you think you are?

in other news, detholz are on the 28. they suck, don't get me wrong, but they play a mean cover tune. tickets are 10 in advance which is outrageous but, I guess, worth it. tad should come as he is much more fun and interesting than ADA. especially, when ADA is going through one of his panic/depression-type phases.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger allan said...

plans are afoot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home