weekender
My weekend was pretty, pretty dull. That’s cool though because it gave me a chance to finish a book and start another one. It also gave me the opportunity to discover the great joy that is drinking whiskies from a highball glass instead of a tumbler. What is this advantage you ask? Well, it is two fold. Fold the first: the smaller mouth and elongated body of the highball glass greatly concentrates the bouquet, giving the brown sugar, smoke or peat a stronger nose and more stable mouth. Fold the second: the glass allows the physical act of drinking to be extended over a longer period. As the liquid travels the great expanse of fine crystal basque in anticipation while enjoying the viscosity and cornicopia of hues. Taste and see the difference.
On Saturday I worked off a pernicious hangover with the accompanying paranoia and depression and by 9 was in bed with a pretty good case of the night terrors.
On Sunday, I ate pizza and accidentally broke someone’s glasses.


1 Comments:
You drank enough whiskey to get a pernicious hangover by yourself? That's impressive. I haven't had a decent hangover in months.
Post a Comment
<< Home