Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Journal of a Working Boy: 9-2-05 *Shot in the Head by an Old Forester*

From the Desk of a Working Boy
To Whom it may concern:
Last night, I was overcome with a thirst that only alcohol could slake. I slaked it for about two hours at the kitchen table over multiple hands of, appropriately, solitaire. During the drunkening, I decided to make my breakfast for the morning so I wouldn’t have to make it then. That was a mistake. The attempted making of a pizza from an old loaf of bread, ketchup, baloney, and bleu cheese dressing was a bigger mistake. I also made some phone calls. I would like take this time to apologize to Allen, Peter, Joe, Slanger, Slanger again, Danny, Heather, Jill and Amanda for any unpleasantness I may have caused. I would also like to apologize to my body, and to my brain I say: You’re getting yours now aren’t you, you bastard. Through all this however one thing remains clear: This is all An Doof Ass’s fault.

10 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

Hey Andy - Yes, yes, obviously your having drunk-called every member of your acquaintance is due to the fact that your failed to drunk call me, though you left numerous messages so plaintive sounding that I almost wish I had answered. I, for one, was swinging it here in NEW YORK with all my hot NEW FRIENDS, and couldn't be bothered... Yep that's what happened. Actually I watched Kung Fu Hustle. You should see it. Funny film. Then I read a Fitzgerald novel and drank myself to sleep. Par for the course, eh old chap?

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

But now I too can while away the idle hours, instead of reading Montaigne.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

You bastard!

But moving on. Good to hear from you, I will gurantee more drunk phone calls all around throughout the weekend. Also, you don't have to start a blog to comment on the page, see the "Anonymous" identity. But suffice it to say, I look forward to delving into the exciting world of graduate school through your probing new blog.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

Montaigne? God help us all.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger allan said...

I couldn't understand a word you were saying...which is fine.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

the important thing is we're all ok.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

Well you warned me about the drunk phone calls... The inconvenient thing was that my roomate showed up totally plastered just as you called. Sounds like you guys were having a pretty good time - wish I were there - slap some backs for me.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

Andy, you are a brilliant writer! You remind me of Twain and Percy, although a little less sober. I'm not lying, you need to quit whatever you're doing and write a memoir or something. I'm glad I found your web home. Congrats on your new life-altering contract; hey, it's what seperates us from those "gay folks." Well, should I hope you'll ever return my calls? Cheers
Adam S.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

I'm sure was an isolated incident...

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

well, I'm back. hi adam sanders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home