Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Journal of a Working Boy #2: Boss Man's Gone.

Dear Faithful Reader,

As I look around my cubicle walls, I am suddenly overcome with a great sense of pride at recent goings on. The Boss Man has been absent for the last 2 days, due to an engagement in Las Vegas with craps tables and cheap lobster. In his absence I have been able to complete a series of self-portraits. I capture my image by the reflection and refraction of fluorescent light through a series of interconnected candy wrappers and toilet paper rolls. I then trace the image with my green "editing" pen and fill in the finer points of my features with my red "proofing" pen and sign each piece with my black "for writing on the inside of my calf" pen. I am quite pleased with the results. Thus far I have given each of my co-workers a print from the series and their silence, upon receiving the work, speaks volumes to its power upon even the most casual observer.

Tonight, this working boy will begin the weekend by throwing back a couple bottles of suds with some close friends to celebrate the safe return of Adam Wood to America. No doubt Mr. Wood will come to this event with 5 dollars and be utterly shocked and repentant when he finds it is not enough for the night’s activities. He will then shift into poverty mode and talk about how poor he is and how he shouldn’t even BE drinking (much less a roaring wino). All the while he will be scanning the assembled body looking for just one person who will find it in his heart to buy Mr. Wood a beverage. While tiresome, his antics entertain much like the hobo I pay 4 cents to dance to Baby Elephant Steps as I wait for the bus that takes this working boy home.

2 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger allan said...

Wood+booze=fun times. See if you can get him mugged tonight, even if it costs you a few beers.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

Chicago kicked Wood's ass, while here for less than a year he got his bike stolen, his wallet stolen, his face bludgeoned and totaled his car

 

Post a Comment

<< Home