Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Friday, July 01, 2005

JOURNAL OF A WORKING BOY #1

Dear Faithful Reader:

Since this will be the first in a series of existing exploits we must begin with introductions. Below contains a list of my coworkers extraordinar.

Boss Man: My immediate overlord the Boss Man wields an iron fist of authority. Unblinking in his swift judgments, yours truly risks death and unemployment at the hands of this tyrannical fascist. He openly quotes Ayn Rand while putting out half smoked cigars on my polyester ties and steals my lunch when I fill my water cup. He's a good man and loves his family.

Bridge Troll: With only a foam cubicle wall separating me from this chatterbox, things can get a bit ugly. With a masters degree in Ancient Languages this medieval nuisance blabbers on about etymology well beyond the realms decency and taste. His comments and tyrads can be easily met with a exclamation of "Right On!" This makes him feel good about himself and his terribly miserable sexually ambigious existence.

The Italian
: Recently married, she is a solid worker. She makes very few appearance because unlike the rest of us she has work to do.

South of the Border: She is the secretary and local frat girl. While over 40 years of age she takes her time and embarrasses the rest of us with her weekend exploits on both water and land.

The Interns
: These sultry vixens of the freshman and sophomore year of college, flaunt their promising futures and calculated career moves by constantly showing those of us with name plates attached to our walls that children can actually do our jobs.

The Snickers Bar
: Perhaps my greatest enemy and friend. Downtown prices make this sweet indulgence quite the expensive little fix. I have been known to eat upwards of 2 a day. I eat because I'm sad and I'm sad because I hate my job.

5 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Heather said...

haha. good work. but It makes me sad that you are sad and hating your job...

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger strabismos said...

Your journal - though brilliant - threatens the very sinecure that lets you - in fact pays you - to blog in the first place. I prefer prodigal Andy who buys friends cheap beer to penurious Andy who would constantly 'forget' his wallet. Speaking of the good old days, will you actually have a ticket for me this time or should I plan to let the scalpers have their way with me again?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

Slanger you scoundrel....glad to see you up and blogging. I encourage others to join slanger in this very new and not bandwagon hopping endevour. As to the events to come, yes, we will have a ticket purchased in advance. If I were you go to intonationmusicfest.com and purchase them there for a very low price...this goes for Adam, Allen, Peter and Joe P. (note the "P" Joe C is now Joe because I talk to him more often).

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Heather said...

slanger, where's your blog?
And are coming to intonation? Go to intonationmusicfest.com to buy tickets. We bought them for both days-22 dollars plus fees that available for another week or so.
It should be fun especially if you come. Hopefully, PeterB and Adam (andoofass- that should be his blogger name) will come too.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger allan said...

Very well written Andy, you've done good. Looking forward to the next installment.

Graham.Claybrook@law.duke.edu
That's Graham's address.
Don't know the other two I'm afraid. Perhaps you could call and ask them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home