Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Telluride

The icy cold hand of reality has returned to our post-holiday world. Chestnuts, roasted on a whim, are thrown into the trash where all they belong. Clown noses are mercifully removed from the various four legged “family members.” And slovenly, blotted graduate students roll over on their soiled mattresses to reach their grimy, clammy hands towards the various refined sugars and pots of frosting they have stolen from their parents pantry. While all this occurs, the noble everyman with his sensible hair loss and penetrating blue/green eyes pulls himself up after a simple Christmas vacation to return to the real world. A world of cold, hard facts about grocery bills, mortgage payments and angry vengeful wives. It’s not especially totally sweet but it has its moments.

What moments you ask? Oh, you know, lots of ‘em....

4 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's rough getting back to the working world, I know. I just came off five days of bachelorhood to boot, and needless to say, the present is much less john-collins-y.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

once i get a few gageneus it won't matter how things are going, because i'll have a flock of gageneus. oh baby

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

I'm not sure you're spelling that word correctly there Andrew. But at any rate, I'm fairly sated with my meal of ahi tuna and creme brulee, and 15 pabsts, and I think I'll pack my bags and head home. Why don't you invest in real estate?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

nothing says nouveau riche like ahi and creme brulee, i'm embarrassed for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home