A Refinement!!
There are few joys as regal and refined as the dinner party. Take the one I hosted last night at the country estate for example. It had it all: every kind of shell based fish you can imagine many of which are frightfully endangered thus deliciously decadent. I found the seahorse cocktail stirrers particularly profound and recommend them highly.
Nothing stirs like a seahorse.
In attendance was a select group of my closet work confidants and fellow urban playboys. Together our glorious cashmeres, glen plaids burnished leathers and hint of orange make any event, the event. Especially those events that we host for ourselves.
Discussion topics ran the gambit from the state of third world currencies to John Lobbs. The brandy and cigar hour culminated in a robust discussion of ladies in waiting and the state of the modern cock fight.
Working Boy: Terrible stuff really, the modern cock fight.
A Gentleman: It’s enough to make one stop raising cocks with which to fight other cocks.
A Scholar: The gentlemanly arts have really take a blow in recent times.
Working Boy: Indeed. Why just the other day I got a rather bothersome message via telephone. Terrible instrument.
A Gentleman: Terrible.
A Scholar: Give me a writing desk and a man to do the writing for me any day.
A Gentleman: I like to mist my envelopes with one of those intoxicating scents
recently brought back for the West Indies.
A Scholar: An elegant touch, from an elegant man.
A Gentleman: Oh stop you’re embarrassing me in front of my lady in waiting.
Working Boy: I grow weary. Let us get intoxicated and make our stable boys fight for loose change.


7 Comments:
should my next car be a jaguar or a bentley?
on friday there was that one super sports car, McClaren F1 or something, outside the Ritz. People were taking pictures of it with their cellphones and hotel security was all around. So I would say Bentley.
oh, to be a minor lord...
I've always said that was my true calling. I'd have packs of hunting hounds, and a fine stallion.
Hey I like the new look.
Must be sweeps.
Sweeps/slowest-day-at-work-ever. Your tax dollars everyone!
Post a Comment
<< Home