Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Panda! Panda! Panda! II:Mei Lan


While my previous posts about a newborn panda caused quite a comment ruckus (and much embarrassment for An Doof Ass.) I stand by my promotion of child pandas; if for no other reason than they are the most decadent animal on earth. How much money does it cost to get these guys to reproduce? not to mention feed and house them and keep them from dying from stuffy noses and ear aches. All in all, these little fuckers must be the most decadent animal on the planet. And that is pretty damn cool...And let's not forget the ridiculous Chinese names. Where are the Ralphs, Puffys, and SugarPlums?!

14 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger allan said...

Come visit me in DC we can go visit our national pandas* (owned by the Chinese).

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

Oh I agree about their posh lifestyle, but stand by my earlier remarks. Panda Bears are symbolic of the imminent collapse of our society into moral decay. When the West loses the resolve to defend its heritage and borders it will, there is little doubt, be overrun with Heathen Red Chinese, and our children will serve their Oriental Overlords just as we serve their decadent wildlife.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

do you mean "annals"?

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

And while Sanders is at it, might we also suggest "accentuated"?

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

Hey Sanders did you figure out where you're going to school next year?

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger allan said...

Last I heard he's applying for a dual-degree Culinary/Animal Husbandry track at Yale.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

No, so far on the law school front I've gotten into:

Duke
Georgetown
Vanderbilt
Notre Dame
U Texas @ Austin
U Illinois Champ/Urb

which means I still need to hear back from:

Emory
UNC-CH
UVA
U Penn
Yale
U Chicago
Northwestern
U Washington St. Louis
U Mich @ Ann Arbor

On the philosophy front I have also applied to the above 15 schools, and probably won't hear anything back until March. Needless to say, the list of phil. acceptances will be much shorter than the law acceptances, hopefully making my choice very easy.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

your choice has always been easy: sit at home, play video games and watch Millie bring in the clams.

of course, if you become a distinguished professor of philosophy all you have to do is replace "play video games" with "write smarmy book reviews" and nothing much else changes. huh.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

it's true. i think I may stay in this evening and write a few smarmy reviews myself.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

Has anyone read 'A Confederacy of Dunces'?

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

Indeed. A novel acceptable by any theological and geometrical standards, however abstruse, and suggesting a rich inner life. Oh the depravity! How unspeakably offensive!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

Where do you think Andy's "Working Boy" comes from?

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

Ah, I'm only a couple pages in - I just got it yesterday. Looks like I chose fortuitiously

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

i consider CofD, my lasting connection to the Wood family. No matter what happens we'll always have the van trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home