Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A radical departure!

Like all great literature, this blog has gone through many transformations, reformulations, amalgamations and many other “ations.” But one thing has remained constant: We’ve never ever told the truth about anything. Our goal has always been to make people dislike An Doof Ass, and hopefully themselves along the way. We hope we’ve succeeded on both accounts to some degree. If you’ve ever read an entry here and thought: “I wish I had the life of a NoononSat contributor instead of my own and An Doof Ass is a real bum loser” we’ve done our job. I guess you could say this has been our raison d’etre, our c’est le vie, our E pluribus unum, over the years. And if we’ve actually entertained a few people along the way so much the better. But today marks a new beginning. Like Jonah or Paul, and unlike An Doof Ass, we’ve done some growing up over the years and have put such childish self-aggrandizement, immature jokery and slanderization behind us. We’ve cast out our nets of self-betterment and brotherly love, and are now unhooking the fish of friendliness, breading and battering them in a made from scratch recipe of tolerance, and frying them in the hot iron pan of compassion.

Why the sudden the change? Well, we don’t know if you know this, but we are living in times of great social, economic and political upheaval. We’ve also recently learned that we live in a Culture of Death - which apparently is a bad thing. Nothing is sacred anymore, not even olive oil. And maybe, just maybe, we here at NoononSaturdayCigarrettBreathe.blogspot.com haven’t helped us shake some of our cynicism, laziness and apathy. Sure. Telling stories about scoring, dro’ and hippies have their place. But is that place really the Internet? I mean, this medium is capable of so much more.

Well, in an effort to improve the quality of this blog and the quality of Internet stuff everywhere, NoononSat is now a theologically minded website that will act twice to three times its age. We’re going to expose the Enlightenment assumptions of our political system and lament a now bygone time we were never even a part of. That’s right, no more stories about An Doof Ass (who by the way called me last night to ask if he could survive on protein shakes and scotch) or drinking or hippies. From now on we're comitted to showing you the otherside of the story: the lost people groups, the malaise of mega church attendees, how stupid Protestant neo-evangelicals are, and all the other really important stuff.

So now without further adieu I give you our first serious link, a link which has 'spoken to our hearts.' We hope it helps you wake up(!) to the reality of the troubling world in which we live. How many more have to die before we're willing to stand up and say: No more!

6 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

Andy I blogged again. Actually I made my own blog because I didn't think yours was radical enough. But I guess if you're going to stop being so insulting to me and get down to the business of insulting everyone else, I'll come back to your blog. Not that I ever write anything. Mostly I've been very angry lately and need someplace to vent my spleen.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

Anyways I think we've all have enough of your supercilious snobbery, mincing about and whinging like a stuck pig - you're as self-mutilating as a frenchman with no cigarretts. Bah. Also I think it's ridiculous that Serenity wasn't nominated for best picture. Of the two movies I watched last year, it was clearly better than "Get Rich or Die Tryin". Also, could you set up a charitable trust for funding research in the humanities pretty soon please. I could use some scratch. Got's ta get me some Beam.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

I agree with everything you have said, except the part likening me to a frenchman, low blow.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

agreed. I just said it to get your attention.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

geesh, with all these comments between you two, I'm surprised someone hasn't suggested you just get a room.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Foodie on a Diet said...

Speaking of Serenity, I am in mourning about missing out on the Get Drunk and Watch Firefly Marathon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home