Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Hey Bitches!!

I got back from Palos Heights late on Columbas Day night. My plane was delayed for 6 hours in LAX, I sat next to a crying infant.

When I got home at 2 in the morning, I decided to call in sick and spend Tuesday in bed drinking Maalox. But you don’t want to hear about that, you want to hear about the exciting world of rural California! The silicon valley, lettuce farms, not rain, and the like. Unfortunately, like so many places, Palos Heights is such a place that you can’t just write about it. First, you’ve got to step back and take a big breathe of not writing about it. In addition, I am far too traumatized by the whole experiences. I have taken 7 showers in the last 24 hrs just trying to get clean.

******************************************************

24 hr fruit stands and street vendors are really "cool."

Manhattan parks and the library are pretty "fucking" awesome.

Manhattan is bullshit wrapped in a cashmere "fedora" of lies.

The Bronx is "cool" but kind of lame.

East Coast people are unattractive and have icky accents and stab people at random.

4 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger allan said...

Hey we may be unattractive but I don't have much of an accent at all. And I'm more partial to bludgeoning than stabbing, truth be known. Sorry to hear about your airport SNAFUs. Well let me know if you're busy this Friday night. I'll be done with finals and I am planning on heading back tot he Midwest to see the old family.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

sounds good to me...Heather and I will drape you in a garland of carnations and parade you through the streets of Pilsen.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

Is Pilsen a Czech part of the city? Just wondering b/c Pilsen is in the Czech Republic, and it's where Pilsner was invented.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

Pilsen also means "Little Village" in Spanish and, consequentially, it's a Corona and ass kicking part of town. Good thought though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home