Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Dragonfly Chalice!

It takes a lot to get me out of Pilsen. The reason is simple: I know Pilsen and its got everything I need or want. That is until I found out about the Goose Bar in North Center, which is about two blocks from Heather’s job. This bar has $1 dollar burgers and drink specials on Wednesay. Beings as the fridge is empty and all the dishes dirty, I called the Mrs. and told her I was coming up for dinner (plus, the Twins game was on). Since the wife has yet to get me my pewter wedding band depicting two intertwined snakes (with crystals for eyes) eating the other’s tail, I looked as single as the next sleazy guy. With a book of bitch-scoring poetry in hand, I boarded the Blue line bound for the land of power suits and sundresses that is the Northside.


The Brown Line was a lot of fun. It has the nicest commuters in the city, also the hottest, also the most annoying. With all the cell phones and sexinessities, I felt like I was in New York City going to some bar that sells Carlsburg. It sent chills down my spine.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger allan said...

Sounds like a riot, Andy! You need to come down to Georgetown this fall sometime to see the sights. You know what I mean.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

ah, the sites...peaches come in a can they were put there by a man, in a factory downtown...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home