Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Bellow!!

Holy mothballs my life fucking blows. Of course this is for the typical reasons. Lack of fabulous wealth and universal acclaim being the primary causes of my present torpor. I’m not usually this attuned to my utter lack of universal acclaim. Maybe it has something to do with the weather. The weather or the cosmic injustice that has allowed me to wallow in obscurity for so very long.


Working Boy: I’m so miserable.
Everyone Who Runs Into Me: Why are you miserable?
W.B: I don’t have cashmere socks.
E.W.R.I.M: ?
W.B: or a Kirman rug. Or, and I’m truly ashamed to admit it, even a Gaggenau.
E.W.R.I.M: These seem to be rather frivolous concerns. Are you kidding me?
W.B: I never kid when it comes to a Gaggenau.
E.W.R.I.M: You’ve kind of become a douche. A big, bourgeois douche.
W.B.: But I am bourgeois, an elitist liberal bourgeois, variously gifted and invariably charming. I delight in literature, landscape, architecture, the company of clever and beautiful women. Is this a crime?!
E.W.R.I.M: What are you drinking?
W.B: Turpentine. Why do you ask?

8 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you wanted to be bourgeois you should have sold out sooner.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

Last night I dreampt you and Heather gave me an airsoft pellet pistol for my birthday.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Working Boy said...

the last birthday present I bought for someone was in 4th grade. I however receive upwards of 10 b-day presents a year.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

From what I recall, all you got for your 23rd was a bottle of beer and a showerhead. It was good beer though. Unlike the cooking sherry you got me for Christmas. You should read Frederick Buechner's novel called Lion Country. It has definite Percy and Kennedy Toole influences. I'm trying to figure out how to respond to my friend Brendan's paper for the conference we're going to this weekend. It's too fucking brilliant for me to even know what to say about it. And the kid is fucking 22. I think I'm going to quit philosophy and take up drinking cooking sherry, listening to opera and reading existential fiction full-time. Not that anybody would notive any difference to speak of.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger allan said...

I hate you for all for being able to talk about philosophy and literature while I memorize variations of testicular cancer.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

Well, let's be fair. Adam Sanders isn't studying anything you couldn't get out of the Zondervan Daily Devotional.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger brightereyed, bushiertailed said...

What's wrong with testicles Allan? I find them fascinating.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger allan said...

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't love the "boys", I just hate having to know everything that can possibly go wrong with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home