Iamthegreatestthingever

I move and shake like the rest of them.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

have you ever even rented a room?

One of my largest regrets in life is not scalping more tickets to shows. I've seen some bands that are great, but the show blew because the venue blows. So much depends on the venue. Metro=fucking terrible, never worth it no matter what the band. Empty Bottle = pretty much always a good time. Snotty but hot waitresses who never bring you your drink make you feel awesome. The Hideout= the BEST bar/venue ever. Holy fuck; The Hideout rules.

Any hoo, the sold-out Silver Jews show is at the Double Door. The Double Door is an okay venue. I've seen a handful of bands there and had a pretty good time. If the show blows you can always go down the road to Rodan for an Appletini and as many free matchbooks as you can fit in your pocket. Regardless of the Double Doors charms and the matchbook potential of Rodan, I’m scalping my tickets to that midnight execution. Yeah! Screw being honest when no one is looking. I’m selling the fuckers. Besides Tanglewood Numbers really is an alarmingly shitty album. That song, Goshen? Unbelievably bad.

In other news, tonight I learn how to purchase tickets for a certain late night variety show that will be filming a few episodes here in May. I will sell those tickets as well.

4 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Adam Sanders said...

Are you kidding? It's a great album

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ll ll

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger bethanybeams said...

you lie. the metro is awesome.

:)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Working Boy said...

I just read this post. I think a lot of things "blow." That's pretty cool, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home